Thursday, October 27, 2011

What we don't know we don't know


What we know in relation to what we might know.



An interesting little diagram that I liberated and modified from the terrierman blog ( http://terriermandotcom.blogspot....f-blind-one-eyed-dog-is-king.html
) I wonder how much the sum of human knowledge could be increased if we all got to grips with the things we know and deny? I think one example for me might be Fresco slipping his whistle - again last night he did not turn when he should have and I put it down to my indecisive use of it, the fact he had just gone over the brow of a hillock and around a corner and that I was carrying half a bag of wheat (mind you with the state of my knees at the moment the fact i was carrying anything makes little difference to my ability to run). Once I had got to the corner of course there was no sight of him. I thought the best policy was to return to the car - a wise choice as that is where he was. So - perhaps I have now gone from self deception about this dog and his recall and am creeping into 'I don't know what I don't know' of his behaviour?

No comments: