Tuesday, July 5, 2011

sticky retrieve

Took Fresco out on his own twice yesterday - once in the morning - he was very sticky - I think because he knew I was carrying a dummy and as he did not want to miss out on a retrieve he was constantly stopping. Things improved when I put it in my pocket. I was hoping to make a start on his sit to fall.

Again in the evening in the adjacent field of short grass. He ran very well from fence to fence, flat and crossing at a nice close distance in front of me. A few sit to fall exercises and then home and swapped for Catja - a noticable difference in the speed of a male pup and a female matron ! She really fell into the galop. She is carrying a little bit to much weight for my liking and as she probably wont be in the ring again this summer I can make a start on working towards the winter. Topaz's turn was cut short by the return of the cows to the field Crying or Very sad - but he will need some work to improve his stamina I feel.