Saturday, April 25, 2009

Friday was spent driving to Kent and back - no dog work Sad

Saturday - hours and hours in traffic in London. But late afternoon saw a chance to work Topaz up a hedge and along the edge of a grass field. Oh I do hope he retains this style in the coming season. I do however feel he now needs ome work on his 'lines' they could do with being a bit crisper - straighter for longer. The stop is pretty good at the moment.

Catja - I threw a blind in the adjacent field before letting her out - that was to easy. Work with her is to go further on a cast; before letting her nose kick in.

After this took them up to the pond. Catja went in when instructed; but i would not say happily. Second retrieve was much better and her hunting of the margins once wet was exemplary and very fast. I threw her duck across the corner - expecting her to run the bank and go in close to it. To my surprise she jumped straight in and swam a good 30 odd feet to the dummy - returning by the bank route.

I left the dummy on the bank and got Topaz out of the car. Sent across the pond and out the other side then along the bank to the duck. I even convinced him to come back over the pond - despite his start around the bank.

No comments: